AUSCHWITZ TOUR FROM WARSAW
– SEE FORMER NAZI CONCENTRATION CAMP IN POLAND
Former Nazi concentration camp in Auschwitz-Birkenau is known worldwide as a symbol of terror, genocide, and Holocaust. It’s a place of enormous historical and social importance for Poland and the whole world. Our private tour to from Warsaw gives you a chance to discover the dark history of Auschwitz-Birkenau with a local professional guide and comfortable transportation.
Duration: 13 hours
Transportation: Private modern AC sedan/van
* It is not recommended to visit Auschwitz with children under 14.
AUSCHWITZ CAMP – READ MORE
Our Auschwitz trips from Warsaw are among our most popular historical tours. We provide high-quality service, fast and comfortable transport and private guides at Auschwitz Museum. Auschwitz-Birkenau is the kind of place that everyone should visit at least once in their life. Being the symbol of human terror and silent witness of Holocaust, Auschwitz-Birkenau can give you an unforgettable and shocking lesson of history.
Our services include hotel pick-up and drop-off at any given destination in Warsaw after the tour. On your way back, you can ask our driver to stop at some local restaurant for a lunch.
Our English-speaking drivers are always helpful and ready to answer all of your questions during the tour. If you have any additional needs or need a break during the transportation, let him know.
You’ll be travelling in a modern, comfortable car with enough space to relax during 4-hours drive. If you want to travel with kids, we’ll prepare the additional booster seats. However, it is not recommended to visit Auschwitz museum with children under 14.
As the place is extremely popular with thousands of visitors everyday, it’s good to book the service in advance. By booking the tour with us you can avoid waiting in long lines at the museum.
We always provide local, professional guides that are available in different languages. In order to book the tour in other language than English, please let us know in advance.
During Warsaw to Auschwitz day tour you’ll see 2 main parts of the former Nazi concentration camp: Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II-Birkenau. They are located 3 km away from each other. You’ll be transported between two parts of the museum by our driver. You can also choose to walk by yourself.
- Auschwitz I is the first and the main concentration camp in Auschwitz. It consists of numerous administrative blocks as well as those of prisoners. It includes blocks in which inhumane medical experiments were taking place or places where inmates were brutally punished (“standing cell” “cell of starvation”). Auschwitz I is a place, from where Nazi leadership directed all camp activity and where everything started. While entering this part of the camp you’ll walk under the infamous gate with “Arbeit macht Frei” inscription. Visiting this part of the museum takes about 1,5 hour.
- Auschwitz II-Birkenau covers as much as 171 ha. It consists of numerous prisoners’ wooden barracks, ruins of gas chambers and crematoriums. Above all, it’s the place, where over 1 million Jews lost their life within the frameworks of one of the most terrifying operation in the world’s history – the Holocaust.Visiting this part takes about 1 hour and it includes mostly walking in an open air.
Before going on Warsaw to Auschwitz tour, it’s good to be aware of several things:
- According to the official rules of the Auschwitz museum, it is not recommended to visit the place with children under 14.
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum is a memorial place, in which millions of people were murdered. Decent behavior and appropriate dress is obligatory.
- In general, you can take photos in the museum, except several places. Your guide will let you know about those spots. However, you cannot take any photo stands with you.
- Your bag cannot exceed the size of A4 sheet.
- You can buy some snacks and soft drinks in front of the main entrance gate but it is not allowed to eat or drink while visiting the camp. There is also a library with the most important publications connected with Auschwitz concentration camp.
- During the tour you’ll mostly walk, it’s good to have comfortable shoes.
- There are additional wheelchairs to borrow at the museum and we can organize them if you need it during Auschwitz tour from Warsaw with us. However, there are some places that are inaccessible for wheelchairs such us block in Auschwitz I without lifts.
- First of all, it constitutes a national and a world heritage of incredible value. Being a silent witness of the World War II atrocities, Auschwitz museum an obligatory place to see for every visitor of Poland.
- The museum in Auschwitz-Birkenau is one of the most popular museums in Europe while the number of its visitors is growing every year. It should be on the travel bucket list of every history buff and museum-lover.
- Auschwitz tour from Warsaw is an incredible chance to experience a very emotional journey. Many people say that the tour made them think a lot about their own life and look at it from different perspective. Some claim that it changed their life for better.
- Finally, Auschwitz tour from Warsaw can make you become aware of the facts that seem to be simply unacceptable. We need to acknowledge that this place was created by humans and thereby prevent from similar creations in the future.
There are several ways to get on Auschwitz Birkenau tour from Warsaw. There are some public transport options including train or bus Warsaw to Auschwitz departing from the central Warsaw. It is also possible to go from Warsaw Airport to Auschwitz by public transport. If you decide to travel by train or a bus, remember that you’ll have to get from the main station to the museum, which can be really inconvenient especially during winter months.
However, the best way to get there is by private transport. It gives you a guarantee of a reliable and punctual transfer from your hotel in Warsaw directly to the entrance of Auschwitz museum. Private transfers can also provide fast transportation from Warsaw airport to Auschwitz museum in Oswiecim at any time.